Browne Class 6 TST Duplex Labels 134C
How this product helps you comply with HTM 01-05 (2013 Edition)
- Although HTM 01-05 does not state that indicator strips are required, most steriliser manufacturers recommend their use for easy and economic process validation. HTM 01-05 however does state that ‘manufacturers guidelines should always be followed.’
Manufacturer Recommendations for Testing Sterilisers
HTM 01-05 does not require the use of cycle indicators as a stand-alone test to comply with the validation schedule for benchtop sterilisers.
However, most manufacturers recommend their use to monitor the sterilsation process. Recommendations can vary from using one test strip in the first cycle of the day to using a test strip in every cycle.
Isopharm would recommend the following:
- If the steriliser has a recording device attached, such as a printer or data logger monitoring cycles, use a single test strip in the first cycle of the day.
- If the steriliser has no recording device fitted, use a test strip in every cycle.
Reasons Why the Test May Fail
Should the test fail a re-test should be performed. If the test fails a second time, a diagnosis of both the method of sterilisation and method of testing is required.
The complaince team at Isopharm is also available to discuss the test and test method.
Possible fail reasons for Browne TST Sterilisation Indicator Strips are:
Diagnosing the Method of Sterilisation
- Check that the steriliser has been validated within the period specified by the manufacturer.
- Check how the instruments and test strip were loaded onto the tray. Instruments should be placed neatly with no overlap.
Diagnosing the Method of Test
- Check that the test product used is within the expiry date provided.
- Check that the test product is being stored as manufacturer recommendations.
Browne TST Duplex Traceability Labels
£44 £33 every 6 months VAT
Class 6, conforming with ISO 11140-1. This means that the product has been calibrated specifically to the cycle it is designed to monitor, for example 134°C for 3.5 minutes.
The term TST is an abreviation of Time/Steam/Temperature, the critical parameters for a sterilisation cycle. Class 6 indicators provide a level of validation of all three parameters, unlike other classes of strip which may only provide the results for the presence of steam in the chamber.
Browne TST Sterilisation Indicator Strips are:
- Easy to use – Can be used with minimal training.
- Simple – Visual reading of colour change and interpretation of results.
- Class 6 – Provides results for three critical sterilisation parameters: Time, Steam and Temperature.