Medicheck Protein Residue Test Pen
Reasons Why the Test May Fail
Should the test fail a re-test should be performed. If the test fails a second time, a diagnosis of both the method of cleaning and method of testing is required.
The compliance team at Isopharm is also available to discuss the test and test method.
Possible fail reasons for a Protein Residue Test are:
Diagnosing the Method of Cleaning
- Detergent residue may present a false positive. This is usually caused when the detergent used has been changed but the level of dosing has not.
- Instruments handled excessively during testing may cause a false positive. Gloves should always be worn when performing a protein residue test.
- In some cases it may be that the machine under test is not working correctly and an engineer may be required to diagnose further.
Diagnosing the Method of Test
- Check that the test product used is within the expiry date provided.
- Check what was used to moisten the swab. Tap water may present a false positive result. Always use Clean-Trace moisturiser as this has been validated for use within the test.
- Gloves should always be worn when performing a protein residue test as this reduces the amount of contaminant from handling the test products.
Medicheck Protein Residue Tests – Pack 50
Add to FavoritesRemove from Favourites
Add to Favorites
£214 £195 / year VAT
Highly sensitivity prtein pens to help provide evidence of validating a cleaning process.
MediCheck protein tests can be used to check instruments that have been processed prior to sterilisation.
MediCheck Protein Tests have:
- All-in-one surface hygiene test
- Premoistened swab bud
- Write-on swab tube label
- Sensitivity – 2 ug at room temperature after 30 minutes
- Enhanced sensitivity (1 ug) by incubating at 37’c for 30 minutes
- 18 months shelf life at room or refrigerated temperatures (2-25’c)
- Results in 30 minutes for full sensitivity
- Easy to interpret results
- Semi-quantitative results
- No instrumentation other than small incubator (optional)
- Full instructions provided